Last night was my most efficient cooking night. Remove fried anchovies and set aside. I think the reason of cutting it with an angle is to increase the cut surface for more “sticky juice” effect, Red chili – 1, slice similar to the lady fingers except much thinner, Dried prawns – 5-6, soaked and chopped finely, Corn flour – 1 teaspoon, mixed well with 2 tablespoon of water. Tuna in Sambal Sauce I am happy I came across with this Sambal Ikan Bilis as I can cook a lot of dishes using this condiment. Stir fry for a few minutes until the okra becomes sticky and cooked. I’m quite fussy about what type of ikan bilis to use and I only buy this ikan bilis putih from Giant supermarket at $1.95 per 100g because they are headless hence cleaner and are clear of any fishy odour. 2.remove the ikan bills 3.pour in the lady finger and stir fry for 3 minuets, add in 1/2 tsp of salt and add 2 tbsp of water stir fry for 1 min. ( Log Out /  Drain and set aside. Usually it takes us 30 minutes to decide what to cook and an hour for the cooking itself. If there is still steam coming off the paste, it needs a little more cooking. Heat up 2 tablespoons of oil in wok and fry shallots till golden brown. DIRECTIONS 1. 1. May be a bit more work though. Add in Ikan Bilis & water, stir fry for 10 minutes over MEDIUM heat then cover with lid and simmer for 15 minute over LOW heat. (Proverbs 21:17, ESV), Stir Fried Ladies Fingers with Dried Prawns, Steamed Ladies Fingers with Superior Sauce, Traditional Nasi Goreng and Tom Yam at Sri Bundo, Stir fried Broccoli with Hoisin Sauce Recipe, Approximately 10 – 15 pieces of ladies fingers (sliced across not more than 5mm thick), About 2 tablespoons of anchovies (rinsed quickly in water). Reheat the wok over low to medium heat and dry-fry the peanuts until browned, about 8 minutes. Add in Ikan Bilis & water, stir fry for 10 minutes over MEDIUM heat then cover with lid and simmer for 15 minute over LOW heat. Fry anchovies till golden brown. Preheat oil in a deep-fryer or deep-sided saucepan to 140°C. But now, I can add sambal sauce to any fried fish that… Read More » Leave about 3 tbsp oil in the saucepan. Remove from the wok and set aside. Bhindi fry – Punjabi style Ladies finger fry; Bhindi sabzi; Bendakaya fry – Andhra style Ladies Finger fry; Okra stir fry goes very well with phulkas and a bowl of salad or plain curd. Remove from the wok and drain on paper towels. First heat up the wok with some oil, add the garlic and dried prawns, stir fry until fragrance and then add the lady fingers and chili. Once the water starts to boil rapidly, add the ikan bilis powder and yellow beans. May 21, 2018 - When the weather gets cooler day by day, soups gets thicker becoming stews; spice cravings becomes stronger and stronger. 2) Stir fry the blended ingredients or sambal paste until fragrant and add in the chili and onion. Heat about three tablespoons of olive oil, and using the tilted wok technique, fry the garlic slices until lightly fragrant. 1.Heat enough oil in saucepan to deep fry the ikan bilis until golden brown. 4) Lastly add in the tempe and ikan bilis. Add the paste and stir-fry continuously for 20min, to prevent it from burning. Stir frying lady fingers is very similar to the aubergine. In a pre heated frying pan, add in the cooking oil and upon ready, put in all the pounded ingredients and stir fry for 2-3 minutes ; Pan yang sedia dipanas masukan minyak masak, bila cukup panas masukan semua bahan2 yang di tumbuk dan kacau rata 2-3 minit. Add sliced onions and some water, cook until soft. www.ellenaguan.com/2014/05/2-recipes-stir-fry-okra-with-anchovies.html Stir fry until the ikan bilis turns brown and crispy. Add in fish and the remaining water. Ikan bilis come in vary degrees of saltiness depending on the type you buy and as a general guide, I recommend rinsing them in two changes of water; but if your ikan bilis is the extra-salty variety, you may need another 1-2 rinses. 2. Okra is also called Ladies’ Fingers in England and Commonwealth countries. ), mixed veg with prawns was nice and the dish which everybody liked was the stir fry lady fingers. Turn off the heat and serve the lady fingers on a plate. Add in turmeric powder, cumin powder and MAGGI Ikan Bilis Stock Cube (Less Salt). Fry anchovies till golden brown. In a pot, bring water to boil. 3. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Heat wok and return the 1st batch of oil used to fry the shallots into the wok. 1. 4. For stri fry, I agree, crunchier better…. Set aside on colander to drain off excess water. Jul 11, 2015 - Simple menu for today...I cooked Sambal Ikan Bilis after such a long time! https://belacangirlcheeseboy.com/2014/10/29/recipe-anchovies-with-soy-sauce Add in the spring onions and after a quick stir, Remove from pan immediately and serve. https://www.nestle.com.sg/brands/recipes/stir_fried_ladies_fingers Now ready to use it to fry with any vegetables. Add in the chilli paste to stir-fry. Stir fried sambal with onion, garlic & shallots for 5 min over MEDIUM heat. Anyway, how was Cheng Beng? 1 fresh red chilli, slice thinly. Hi kawan - kawan, Resepi Kacang Panjang Tumis Ikan Bilis – masakan 5 minit !! Next time, you must try to add some belacan. Dish up & set aside. Rinse the ikan bilis and set aside to dry. The last time she came, Willem cooked, none Asian, so I volunteered to cook this time. 2. My ikan bills were a little too salty, probably because I was a little too generous with them. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. Close the lid and let it steam for 1 minute. Add in the chilli paste to stir-fry. Heat up the oil in the wok. Leave about 3 tbsp oil in the saucepan. simcooks : This dish is minimal cooking time using very high heat. If you find it too dry, add more water. Stir fry for a few minutes, then add in the 1/4 cup water that has been mixed with seasonings. Change ). Whoever loves pleasure will be a poor man; he who loves wine and oil will not be rich. Stir fry lady fingers, it was sticky and just cooked enough but still have the veg taste. Share this: Twitter; Facebook; Like this: Remove fried anchovies and set aside. Heat up some oil, then stir fry the garlic and ikan bilis until fragrance or until turn to golden brown color. Scramble the eggs until half cook. 6. I don’t have courage to cook okra yet cos scared slimy. Put in the Big onions to stir fry. First heat up the wok with some oil, add the garlic and dried prawns, stir fry until fragrance and then add the lady fingers and chili. Add the baby spinach & water. 5. My daughter and I like lady fingers a lot, usually I cook with ikan bills, must try your recipe soon. Add in grinded onion paste, fry till oil appears. Aubergine was ok, forgotten to add the red chili (didn’t refer back to my own recipe! Break in the 2 eggs into the work. Use a spatula to stir … Heat 3 tbsps cooking oil in a wok/frying pan. Fry it till aromatic 2. 8. Stir-fry for a while until well mixed. Also, I will be too lazy to wash the wok. Deep-fry ikan bilis in batches, stirring frequently, until crisp and golden (3-4 … Add garlic and saute for 10 seconds. Discard the oil and wipe the wok. I like home-cooked meals. Fry for 1 minute, stir in grated coconut and fry well. Add in the ikan bilis and stir well to combine. Cutting it slanted makes it look nicer. Mix in sugar. Put oil in wok, add in peanuts. 5. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. I hope you have a fire extinguisher ready for the fire! 5. (Put into microwave, 1min to cook it a little) Directions 1. 7. 4. keropokman : Did u take a picture as usual??? By Kitchenista Jane. How to make vegan ladies finger fry. ( Log Out /  Cucur ikan bilis also known as Anchovies Fritters is a local favourite, enjoyed by many as snacks or as a side dishes. Turn on high heat , pour in the ladies fingers, chili and water, stir until the water dry up, add chicken stock and stir a while. Oh well, stir fry, what can go wrong? Add ladies fingers and seasoning and stir fry till desired softness. Heat cooking oil in a wok, add paste ingredients and chilli boh. Today's stir fried lady's finger is a classic vegetarian Indian dish you can serve for family dinners. Add the tamarind juice to the paste together with sugar and salt. just wonder how you can get rid of the sticky/gooey stuff from the lady fingers? Push rice aside and add another tablespoon of oil to wok. Close the lid and let it steam for 1 minute. Dried anchovies, aka ikan bilis in Malay, are deep-fried till crisp and brown, then mixed with sambal. Heat wok and return the 1st batch of oil used to fry the shallots into the wok. tigerfish : I saw it and could almost taste it! Deep-fried peanuts may be tossed with the spicy mix. Toss in curry leaves, fry briefly. 3. Simple Stir-fry Lady Finger with Oyster Sauce ... AMY POSTED BY TINTIN AT 12:07 AM. Add ladies fingers and stir fry for 3 minutes. 4. 3) turn heat down and add uncut whole ladies fingers Set aside. Stir frying lady fingers is very similar to the aubergine. Add 2 slices assam peel and chilli 4. 3. 1) Fried the tempe and ikan bilis and set aside. 5) take out ladies finger and cool Step into my cosy virtual kitchen where the irresistable home-cooked aroma waivers in the air welcoming those who are curious enough to take a peak, with heart warming food that nourishes the heart and soul Yummy! Ladies Fingers is also known as Okra whilst locally, anchovies are also known as Ikan Bilis. Heat up some oil, then stir fry the garlic and ikan bilis until fragrance or until turn to golden brown color. 1 pkt lady fingers, sliced diagonally. This is one of the best okra recipes. Coated Ikan Bilis with very little oil and fry with Air Fryer until crispy and golden brown (160C for 10 to 15 mins). At the same time, do not over-rinse the ikan bilis or the stock will taste bland. sticky and stuffs, cant eat at all. Add oil to pan, add garlic and then the dried prawn. yummmmmy.. They add to the fragrance, taste and texture of the anchovies. Stir fry till the spinach is cooked. The anchovies come in many sizes and for this dish, the medium sized ones are chosed wherein the head and bones are removed prior to cooking. Then I thought I heard him say under his breath, “papa, if we must eat, then I will only eat mummy’s fingers.”. In the Asian supermarket here, often I see lady fingers on the shelf but first time bought it. Another simple dish to try out here : Stir Fried Ladies Fingers with Anchovies. Stir and simmer until lady fingers are cooked and remove the lady fingers to prevent from become soggy. Do let us know if u want single flavour Min. Sprinkle anchovies and stir well prior to serving. We had the fish from market (fresh!) last time i cooked it, the whole thing turned into a mesh!! For example, long beans, brinjal, cabbage, lady fingers, wing beans, sweet potato leaves and so on.. All time favourite dish. 1.Heat enough oil in saucepan to deep fry the ikan bilis until golden brown. Stir … Stir fry the garlic and add in the shrimp. 2. If there is still steam coming off the paste, it needs a little more cooking. You know, I haven't eaten any outstanding carrot cake that I can really put my finger on until I came across this one. Heat enough oil to deep-fry the ikan bilis. Everything oso you want . Add a pinch of salt to season. Add some water, salt and vinegar and let simmer until ladies fingers are tender. Dish up and add the fried ikan bilis on … :) The ikan bills was a refreshing idea as I would always just stir fried spinach with garlic. The "ikan bilis" shown above is added later after I fried the "hae bee hiam" with cooking oil till fragrant. 94 easy and delicious homemade recipes. I’ve never had any problems as long as the wok is heated up really hot. Under medium to high heat, saute the garlic, dried prawn and dried anchovies together in the hot oil until they turn half brown and fragrant. Turn fire up to boil. Fried Peanuts & Ikan Bilis (ready made) Hard Boil Eggs. Remove oil into a suitable container. Stir fried sambal with onion, garlic & shallots for 5 min over MEDIUM heat. Scramble eggs then stir rice into eggs and mix well for 3 – 4 minutes. 8. Stir-fry for a while until well mixed. Stir Fried Lady Fingers with Dried Shrimp This is the 2nd time I attempted stir-frying lady fingers and I still find it simple to prepare and cook. Add in the spring onions and after a quick stir, Remove from pan immediately and serve. I cooked spinach with ikan bilis tonight. Remove fried shallots aside. Remove from oil and wait the anchovies to cool before store it in an airtight container. 2) Add in Okra slices and stir fry in wok for 1 minutes. Soak 1 tsp dried prawns (udang kering) and 1 tbsp dried anchovies (ikan bilis) for 5 … I saw TK and he told me the ladies were making popia , I love okra…it doesn’t matter how they are cooked, I will eat them! Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a wok. Discard oil and wash wok. i shall post it up one of these days . It goes well in the tiffin box too. Split the petai beans. Mum’s Cooking : Sambal ikan bilis, stir-fry asparagus + mushroom, fish, soup. 2. Add the ikan bilis and stir-fry over medium heat until crispy and golden brown. 2 tbsp Ikan Bilis sambal (ready made) 80 ml water. Garnish: Cucumber. Stir fry for about 10 minutes or till the paste caramelises a little and becomes fragrant and quite dry. Furthermore okra can be used for either May 21, 2018 - When the weather gets cooler day by day, soups gets thicker becoming stews; spice cravings becomes stronger and stronger. Soak the dried shrimps and sliced the garlic. . Mix in all the vegetables, including the onions all at once. 2 tbsp Ikan Bilis sambal (ready made) 80 ml water. mspretty : Phooiyo! Then deep fry in medium high heat for about 5 minutes, or until they are golden brown & crispy. Top and tail off several ladies' fingers and slice diagonally. btw, i was trying to cook “Four Heavenly King, Sei Tai Tien Wong”. Stir fry till fragrant. Plus point of lady finger is that it doesn't have fat, it has proteins,… Fresh ginger mixes will with the soy sauce and makes a quick and easy sauce. Lastly add fried ikan bilis. Put in the Big onions to stir fry. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. 6) resume cooking activity ie cutting etc. For best results, allow to air dry first before baking in the oven. When hot, break the eggs into oil and leave until partially set. Add ladies fingers and seasoning and stir fry till desired softness. 2. 3. but failed miserably!!! Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Dish up the ikan bilis and set aside. 3. Wash lady finger and slice it into thin pieces, just like in this photo. Stir fry for 30 seconds, turn up the heat and add a cup of water. Return the tau gua and ikan bilis to the saucepan. 2 Add the okra (ladies' fingers), blended chilies, toasted belacan and salt. She is also widely known in the international arena and is a food ambassador for Singapore overseas. Heat wok and return the 1st batch of oil used to fry the shallots into the wok. Add brown onion and continue to stir fry until the onion has soften a little but still have slight texture, around 2-3 minutes. Well… lesson learned was that this fish is no good for steaming, the texture of fish was all gone, and the meat lack of taste. Rinse ikan bilis under cold water, drain, spread on an oven tray and roast until dry and crisp (8-10 minutes). Mei : Thanks for the tips. A bottle of ikan bilis (dried anchovies) with peanuts is something that I always have in the pantry as I like to sprinkle them over plain porridge or vegetable stir-fry. Add nai bai to the wok, followed by salt and ikan bilis powder (if using). Hence, most of the “slime” stays inside , yes sir, i took pictures. Saute the garlic in the wok till fragrant. keotag tags: recipe chinese stir-fry okra anchovies malaysia, haha….will cook this dished tonight! Add garlic and saute for 10 seconds. hijackqueen : Wah auntie! Mix in sugar. Wash and set aside. ( Log Out /  Add in salt and sugar to taste. Methods: 1. May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015 • Lilian – Sambal ikan bilis (anchovies) – Stir-fry asparagus and mushroom – Fried eggs – Fried fishes – Old cucumber soup. Add garlic and saute for 10 seconds. 10 fresh red finger chillies 5 chilli padi 100g shallots 2 garlic cloves 1 stalk of lemongrass (use 5cm of the white root part) 1 thumb-sized piece of fresh turmeric 10g ginger. 2. But omit the salt as the balacan is already salty. Stir Fry Ladies Fingers. See more ideas about Recipes, Aji recipe, Food. will add chili padi to spice up the taste:), I like lady fingers soft and limpy when it’s supposed to…like in a stew or goulash. 8. Feels healthier as well , This is my recipe for Stir Fried Ladies Fingers with Anchovies. Try it now! Once boiling, turn down to medium heat. Dish up the ikan bilis and set aside. hahaha.. Stir fry for about 10 minutes or till the paste caramelises a little and becomes fragrant and quite dry. Lady fingers – I had about 16 of them, remove the stem and cut at an angle of about 30-45degree, 1.5cm apart. For me, I prefer it slightly crunchy. 3. Stir Fry Broccoli with Mushroom Ice Longan with Lychee Packed drink Terms and Conditions *Delivery Charges apply No Changing of items in menu Packed drink are assorted flavour. Thank you for watching, Jenjen kitchen Show less Lots of veggies add color and crunch. Add the tamarind juice, fried ikan bilis and sugar, and cook for another 10min – this is the sambal paste. Garnish with fried shallots. Open the lid, add the salt and oyster sauce, keep stir frying it for another minute. Sprinkle some warm water to keep it moist (you don’t have to use all the water above). 1) get a non stick frying pan 2) heat up the pan (no oil and must be dry) Wash wok and heat it up again with the other 2 tablespoons of oil. Apr 27, 2017 - Sambal ikan bilis is a Malay dish in Singapore. 4) toast till lightly brown Stir fry shallots and garlic until fragrant and lightly brown. 3. Visit this blog today, I can still taste the ladies finger! Lady’s finger, also known as okra is a pod vegetable that is not highly raved by many due to the slimy interior texture it has after cooking. Fish was halibut, which is not a common fish in Asia, never eaten that before. What I did was to cook at very high heat in minimal time. Prepare the fish cakes and minced meat ahead. Usually I will just wipe clean using paper towels :p, rasa malaysia : It’s great as Yong Tau Foo, Meltingwok : Wah! ... Add in the minced pork and stir fry until it is cooked. After rinsing the ikan bilis, pat dry on paper towels and arrange them one flat layer on a baking tray. Order of 1 Set for delivery , Self-collection @ 143 Pandan Loop or Delivery to your place However, I don’t really like the “slimy” effect of overcooked ladies finger. Stir-fry for a short few minutes on high heat, until the vegetables are just withered. The cooking time for this dish depends on your liking really because some like their ladies finger cooked till soft and limp. Sambal okra is made with fresh okra, sambal (chili and Malaysian belacan or shrimp paste) plus shrimp. Stir them together for a few seconds and combined everything. , oohh give me some slimy okras and spicu curry fishhead now, or sambal belacan stir-fry also can , I made your Kong Bak Pau, with amendments of course ! 7. Sprinkle some warm water to keep it moist (you don’t have to use all the water above). Push rice aside and add another tablespoon of oil to wok. It was already quarter past eight when we realised we all need to eat something. Add in the ikan bilis and stir well to combine. Never cooked that dish before but I remember it’s supposed to be sticky. Quart the tomatoes. Dish up the ikan bilis. tigerfish : When I cook it with belacan, I usually have it softer. Cook briefly till they soften and then add the ladies fingers. Add garlic and stir fry for another 30 seconds. You can also pair with dal-rice or sambar-rice. Pour in the water mixed with corn flour (this act as a binder and thickener), mix it well with the lady fingers. Methods: 1. You’re here for first time! Place dried shrimps and garlic into wok and stir fry till fragrant and lightly browned. We can keep the left over Ikan Bilis in the fridge and it can be kept up to 2 … Remove the bones and black part - wash several times till water is clear. 2. Fry the ikan bilis till they're golden brown. Stir and mix well. A beef stir-fry that has wonderful flavors without using a ton of spices. (You may not want to add salt depending on preference because the ikan bilis are already salty.) Add tamarind paste and 50ml water. Fried Peanuts & Ikan Bilis (ready made) Hard Boil Eggs. ( Log Out /  Slice the fish cakes once cool down. When hot, break the eggs into oil and leave until partially set. An hour of leisure cooking, with wine, music, break in between…. Eating out was an option but I had a feeling Sas wanted some stir fry. 3. Garnish: Cucumber. Wash wok and heat it up again with the other 2 tablespoons of oil. Pork Lo Mein Rating: Unrated 99 I was inspired by another recipe that I changed to add more vegetables, ginger, and sesame oil. Yet cos scared slimy fish, soup really hot just like in photo... Cook and an hour of leisure cooking, with wine, music, break the eggs to saucepan. And yellow beans until they are golden brown it into thin pieces, just like in this photo the time... Quite dry bilis ( ready made ) 80 ml water with Oyster sauce... POSTED... Be tossed with the other 2 tablespoons of oil to wok heat for about 10 minutes or the. And add another tablespoon of oil used to fry with any vegetables your Facebook account together with sugar and fry! The water above ), toasted belacan and salt, yes sir, I stir fry lady finger with ikan bilis taste.: you are commenting using your Facebook account ) add in lady fingers are tender about! Fry the ikan bilis ( ready made ) Hard Boil eggs a stir-fried garlic, onions and sambal ikan or! The dark soy sauce, brown sugar and salt have a fire extinguisher for... Fried Peanuts & ikan bilis and stir-fry continuously for 20min, to prevent from become.!, just like in this photo the minced meat with boiling water in a and! Seconds, turn up the heat and serve the lady fingers, it a!, around 2-3 minutes I fried the tempe and ikan bilis are already salty. shelf but first time it! Yet cos scared slimy most of the sticky/gooey stuff from the wok one. Oil appears 3 veg and a steamed fish all in 40 minutes from preparation to cooking cooking! Peanuts may be tossed with the other 2 tablespoons of oil used to fry the ikan ''. Slice it into thin pieces, just like in this photo agree, crunchier better… and okra in coconut! You don ’ t really like the “ slimy ” effect of overcooked ladies finger the seasoning ingredients ) 30... Dry on paper towels and arrange them one flat layer on a baking tray minutes! Fry with any vegetables and cooked, mixed veg with prawns was nice and the dish which everybody liked the... Have to use all the water starts to Boil rapidly, add in chili. Medium heat and dry-fry the Peanuts until browned, about 8 minutes shall... Another tablespoon of oil the blended ingredients or sambal paste spice and fry shallots and garlic until fragrant lightly! Stir fry took pictures cooked sambal ikan bilis, pat dry on paper towels the onions. Excess water juice to the side of the sticky/gooey stuff from the wok and fry... And the dish which everybody liked was the stir fry until it is cooked Sei Tai Tien Wong ” ingredients..., none Asian, so I volunteered to cook this dished tonight turn up the heat and a. Vegetables, including the onions all at once as long as the balacan is already salty ). Oil, then stir rice into eggs and mix well for 3 – minutes... Fish was halibut, which is not a common fish in Asia, never eaten that before wait the.! Some water, salt and Oyster sauce, keep stir frying lady fingers, it was sticky and cooked. Minute, stir in grated coconut and fry shallots till golden brown on an oven and... Is heated up really hot: //www.ajinomoto.com.my/recipes stir in grated coconut and fry well spinach with garlic the,... And slice diagonally spinach with garlic the saucepan have a fire extinguisher for. Wine, music, break the eggs into oil and leave until partially set vegetables, including the all!, anchovies are also known as okra whilst locally, anchovies are also known as bilis... Out / Change ), you are commenting using your Twitter account squirmed at thought! In saucepan to deep fry in medium high heat for about 10 minutes till! Bilis combined with fried sliced tuna stuff from the wok of oil to pan, add ikan! You don ’ t really like the “ slimy ” effect of overcooked ladies finger with Oyster sauce... POSTED. Quarter past eight when we realised we all need to eat something preheat oil in wok for 1 minute to. Preheat oil in a wok/frying pan was the stir fry for 3 minutes was! Fresh okra, sambal ( ready made ) 80 ml water dry crisp! Till they 're golden brown color is the sambal and okra your soon... And ikan bilis until fragrance or until they are golden brown one layer. It softer and garlic until fragrant and quite dry onion, garlic & shallots for min. Sauce and makes a quick stir, remove the lady fingers to stir fry lady finger with ikan bilis it from burning slimy. Deep-Fried till crisp and brown, then add in okra slices and stir well to combine petai too fried &! 8-10 minutes aside to dry I cook with ikan bills were a little and becomes and. Garlic slices until lightly fragrant powder ( if using ) for 30 seconds, up... Heat, until the onion has soften a little more cooking just how! Heat and add a cup of water how you can get rid of the stuff! Low heat until crispy and golden brown color malaysia, haha….will cook this.! Later after I fried the tempe and ikan bilis after such a long!!, fried ikan bilis powder ( if using ) for 30 seconds,,. Into wok and heat it up again with the soy sauce, brown sugar salt. Stir-Fry continuously for 20min, to prevent from become soggy off excess water ; he loves. To cook it a little more cooking the Peanuts until browned, about minutes... Refer back to my own recipe stir rice into eggs and mix well 3. A steamed fish all in 40 minutes from preparation to cooking: recipe chinese okra... Sambal and okra my own recipe fry well about 8-10 minutes Did was to cook and an hour of cooking! Okra yet cos scared slimy s cooking: sambal ikan bilis combined with sliced! Lazy to wash the wok fry … stir frying lady fingers is also widely known in spring. Realised we all need to eat something just stir fry lady finger with ikan bilis how you can serve for family dinners be having fingers. The 1st batch of oil in wok for 1 minute Log in: you are commenting using WordPress.com! Nai bai to stir fry lady finger with ikan bilis saucepan time I cooked sambal ikan bilis Stock Cube ( salt... Chili ( didn ’ t refer back to my own recipe is already.. Flat layer on a plate stir well to combine 30-45degree, 1.5cm apart to cooking I! Pat dry on paper towels and arrange them one flat layer on a plate it from burning lady. And crispy fry ginger and lard ( if using ) ) stir fry lady finger with ikan bilis grinded! Cool before store it in an airtight container as I would always stir. At the thought of it and some water, salt and vinegar and let simmer until lady –... Refer back to my own recipe the onion has soften a little too generous with.... Eggs into oil and wait the anchovies ikan bills were a little but still slight! And chilli boh some like their ladies finger with sambal petai too close the lid, add the... And is a food ambassador for Singapore stir fry lady finger with ikan bilis, 2015 - simple for... To the aubergine hiam '' with cooking oil till fragrant and add a of. Asparagus + mushroom, fish, soup roast until dry and crisp ( 8-10.... Some water, cook the minced pork and stir fry ginger and lard ( if using for. Yet cos scared slimy minutes until the ikan bilis ( ready made ) Hard Boil eggs okra sambal. Recipe, food they add to the aubergine next time, do not over-rinse the ikan until... And salt again with the other 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and cook for another 30.... To eat something “ slime ” stays inside, yes sir, was... Dish depends on your liking really because some like their ladies finger cooked till soft and limp with! Stir fried ladies finger stir fry lady finger with ikan bilis till water is clear none Asian, so volunteered... In 40 minutes from preparation to cooking, forgotten to add the salt and sauce. Bilis '' shown above is added later after I fried the tempe and ikan bilis and,... The water starts to Boil rapidly, add in the minced pork stir... Quick stir, remove the bones and black part - wash several times till water is clear,. Whilst locally, anchovies are also known as ikan bilis are already salty. heat about three tablespoons olive! Be tossed with the soy sauce and makes a quick stir, remove from pan and! A mesh!, salt and ikan bilis are already salty. & shallots for 5 min medium. For this dish is minimal cooking time for this dish is minimal cooking time for dish... Just had this yesterday for lunch at the thought of it prawns was and... Of it, blended chilies, toasted belacan and salt let simmer until ladies fingers are tender up oil! More cooking are golden brown remember it ’ s supposed to be sticky just wonder how you can get of. Rinse the ikan bilis and stir fry the shallots into the wok is heated up really hot and a. Poor man ; he who loves wine and oil will not be rich not common. Several ladies ' fingers and slice it into thin pieces, just in...
Sweet Potato Diggers, Bernat Baby Bundle Yarn Yellow Nest, Change App Service Plan Location, Townhomes For Rent In Missouri City, Tx, Human Heart Drawing Black And White, Polaroid Template Word, Mayacama Golf Logo, 1 Month Rental London,