Copyright © The Kitchen Magpie®. Shown to you by The Drink Chef. The drink consists of just two ingredients: vodka and orange juice. Combining orange juice and vodka in a highball glass is about as easy as a cocktail gets and creates a base that’s ripe for experimentation. Fill a highball glass with ice cubes. A screwdriver with equal parts vanilla vodka and Blue Curaçao topped with lemon-lime soda is a "Sonic Screwdriver". The beauty of the Screwdriver lies in the cocktail’s simplicity and its adoption as a morning eye-opener. The thing is, I rotate between three alcoholic beverages year round: vodka + lemonade, vodka + ginger beer, and vodka + orange juice. Garnish with an orange slice. Put a handful of ice cubes into a tall glass and pour over the vodka, followed by the fruit juices. Cocktails, Drinks with Vodka. Like its cousin, the mimosa or good friend, the bloody Mary, this easy recipe is a crowd-pleasing classic cocktail beloved at brunch. Combine ingredients in a glass with ice and stir. Get our best cocktail recipes, tips, and more when you sign up for our newsletter. https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Screwdriver-200058 The style is known as Blendo and was made by two companies; West Virginia Glass Company and Anchor Hocking Glass in the 40/50/60’s. Total Time: 5 minutes. A minor tweak to Liz Milhern’s sonic screwdriver recipe … The Screwdriver is a classic drink that has been designated an … Pour in vodka and orange juice. See my privacy policy for details. Online since 1995, CDKitchen has grown into a large collection of delicious recipes created by home cooks and professional chefs from around the world. It doesn’t get simpler than this drink and that’s one of the reasons that it is one of the most popular cocktails ever created. A screwdriver cocktail recipe is one of the simplest mixed drink recipes to craft. Apr 18, 2019 - Explore Tipsy Bartender's board "Screwdriver Cocktail Recipes", followed by 201155 people on Pinterest. Make a big jug for weekend brunch … We are all about tasty treats, good eats, and fun food. All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. See more ideas about Screwdriver cocktail, Tipsy bartender, Vodka mixers. Before pouring your screwdriver, muddle a few pieces of fresh fruit in your glass. https://www.totalwine.com/cocktail-martini-recipes/screwdriver-drink-recipe Top with orange juice. Now garnish with an orange slice and a maraschino cherry (if available) and serve. This simple but refreshing drink is always nice to have cocktail on a hot lazy summer day when you just don’t want to take a pain to fix up a proper cocktail. It is a simple concoction of vodka and orange juice. Please rate this recipe in the comments below to help out your fellow cooks! Compre o livro Recipe Journal: Screwdriver Cocktail Recipe Cooking Journal, Lined and Numbered Blank Cookbook 6 X 9, 180 Pages (Recipe Journals) na Amazon.com.br: confira as … Encontre diversos livros escritos por Diary & Journal Press, Recipe Journal com ótimos preços. You will then add the correct measurements of Vodka and Orange juice (see the recipe card below) to the glass and, using a bar spoon, give it a stir. The glassware you see in these Screwdriver cocktail pictures here is part of my vintage barware collection. For Cocktail Week at The Kitchn, I decided to share, well, not much of a cocktail recipe at all. Try these: Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Harvey Wallbanger: Adds a float of Galliano, an Italian liqueur, Fuzzy Navel: Swaps out the vodka in favor of peach schnapps for a less-potent, fruitier cocktail, Summerthyme Screwdriver: Updates the classic with fresh thyme, bittersweet Aperol and club soda, Everything You Need to Know About the Drinks That Could Save Your Morning, The 12 Best Flavored Vodkas to Drink in 2020, 8 Apple Brandy Cocktails to Try Right Now, Get to Know Makgeolli, Korea’s Ancient Rice Beverage, The 10 Best Japanese Whiskies to Drink in 2020, 6 Things You Should Know About the Negroni, 8 Brandy Cocktails to Make in 5 Minutes or Less, The 9 Best Wine Glasses of 2020, According to Experts. Pour over ice. The most common complaint being that there was little innovation and a whole lot of fruit juice. To make a Screwdriver cocktail, you will need a tall glass filled with ice, to begin with. For instance, give the Green Screwdriver a try. The recipe takes only 5 mins. View all Vodka recipes . Screwdriver Cocktail Recipe. click here to search for Blendo glassware, 6 Excellent Vodka Cocktails You Need To Try, How to Make a Cosmopolitan Cocktail Drink, Simple Crock Pot Cream of Asparagus Soup Recipe. Questionable origin stories aside, it’s easy to imagine drinkers mixing up this simple, two-ingredient beverage, so it’s possible the drink popped up in multiple places around the same time. How to make the best screwdriver cocktail: mix Smirnoff No. Garnish with an orange slice and a cherry. Screwdriver Cocktail Recipe & Drink Ingredients | BWS. To make a Screwdriver cocktail, you will need a tall glass filled with ice, to begin with. See my privacy policy for details. There are numerous pieces including roly-polys and pitchers as well. Kitchen Magpie). Learn how you can help here. One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account! https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/222410/screwdriver-cocktail The beauty of the Screwdriver lies in the cocktail’s simplicity. Add ice to a cocktail shaker. Hey everyone! Feb 5, 2017 - The Screwdriver is one of the most simple, yet popular classics. Another origin story claims that it was made popular by American oil workers in the Persian Gulf, who would secretly dose their OJ with vodka. Lighten up your screwdriver by topping it off with soda. Some claim that the drink was first made popular by American aviators. Pour over ice. How to make the best screwdriver cocktail: mix 90 Proof Vodka, orange juice and 1 slice of orange to make this traditional and popular drink. This post may contain affiliate links. When I'm not sharing cocktail recipes here and on my Instagram (@mrkitchenmagpie), I'm enjoying a nice bottle of scotch in a vintage glass from my barware collection. Sonic Screwdriver Cocktail Recipe Card. Vodka and orange juice is the kind of pairing that lasted you from misguided bouts of college day-drinking to classier brunch affairs with stuffy … Club soda and ginger ale are two perfect options, though you may also want to consider something a bit more fun like Dry Cucumber or Q Ginger. The Screwdriver is a classic drink that has been designated an International Bartender Association official cocktail. Nothing screams the 1980’s like the classic screwdriver cocktail! If you are a fan of vodka-based cocktails, be sure to watch! Or, take inspiration from drinks like the mimosa and add sparkling wine. Screwdriver Cocktail Recipe Here's how to make this original fresh drink. After all, the Mimosa (champagne and orange juice) had already been in rotation for a couple of decades by then, and it’s not a far stretch from champagne to vodka. Compre online Recipe Journal: Screwdriver Cocktail Recipe Cooking Journal, Lined and Numbered Blank Cookbook 6 x 9, 150 Pages (Recipe Journals), de Diary & Journal Press, Recipe Journal na Amazon. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more. There are also plenty of ways you can mix things up with this drink. See the ingredients, how to make it, view instrucitonal videos, and even email or text it to you phone. In this video, I will show you how to make both a standard Screwdriver Cocktail and a Green Screwdriver Cocktail. You will then add the correct measurements of Vodka and Orange juice (see the recipe card below) to the glass and, using a bar spoon, give it a stir. What you need to make the Screwdriver … The history of the Screwdriver is somewhat debatable, even though mention of it in literature goes back to 1949, when vodka was first getting traction in the United States. The Green Screwdriver Cocktail Drink is a spin on the classic screwdriver cocktail by adding green color to the drink (thanks to the addition of Blue Curacao). Privacy Policy. A Modern Baker’s Guide to Old-Fashioned Desserts, Suppers, Potlucks & Socials: Crowd-Pleasing Recipes to Bring People Together, Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube. Unpretentious and always a classic, this blend of vodka and orange juice over ice works a treat, ... Born in a New York City bar this cocktail has the perfect taste of vodka, raspberry and pineapple. Supposedly, they dubbed the drink the Screwdriver because they mixed it first with a screwdriver when a spoon was not available. It has some additional ingredients such as Club Soda and Blue Curacao and is a fantastic spin on this classic. Nothing screams the 1980’s like the classic Screwdriver cocktail! A classic screwdriver drink is a vodka cocktail that tastes best when using fresh-squeezed orange juice and a higher quality bottle of vodka for its concoction. Most bartenders I know roll their eyes at the mention of cocktails from the 80’s. Create the classic 1960s Screwdriver cocktail recipe – mix vodka and orange juice in a tall glass, garnish with an orange slice or peel and serve. Serve with a slice of orange. All rights reserved. A screwdriver with two parts vodka, four parts orange juice, and one part Galliano is a Harvey Wallbanger. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Combining orange juice and vodka in a highball glass is about as easy as a cocktail gets and creates a base that’s ripe for experimentation, as witnessed by later inventions like the Harvey Wallbanger and Fuzzy Navel. Both variations are super popular drinks nowadays and extremely easy to make. Enter your email below to get our recipes sent to your inbox when a new one is published! Make this version of the classic Screwdriver next time you’re hosting a brunch or just need a pick-me-up, and rediscover why this is an essential part of any cocktail drinker’s toolkit. Learn how your comment data is processed. This cocktail is named after the Sonic Screwdriver from … History: Legend has it that this cocktail first appeared in the late 1940s in Iran where parched American oil engineers working in the desert supposedly added orange juice to their vodka and stirred it with the nearest thing to hand, usually a screwdriver which was attached to their work clothes. How to Make a Screwdriver Drink Please scroll down to simply print out the recipe! Now garnish with an orange slice and a maraschino cherry (if available) and serve. I'm Mike (Mr. Frete GRÁTIS em milhares de produtos com o Amazon Prime. Looking for more vodka and orange juice cocktails? It’s a pretty cocktail that is well suited to lounging on the deck or around the pool on a nice hot day. The entertaining experts at HGTV.com share a classic screwdriver cocktail recipe. Share a photo of what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @thekitchenmagpie or hashtag it #thekitchenmagpie. Join our community of 201,250+ other members - browse for a recipe, submit your own, add a review, or upload a recipe photo. This post may contain affiliate links. https://www.cocktail-db.com/recipes/screwdriver-cocktail-vodka-orange Screwdriver drink is the easiest cocktail recipe that you can make at home with only three ingredients: orange, vodka and ice. Squeeze a lime wedge into drink and rim glass. They can often be found on eBay (click here to search for Blendo glassware) and other places such as Etsy. It doesn’t get simpler than this drink and that’s one of the reasons that it is one of the most popular cocktails ever created. Prep Time: 5 minutes. Shake well and strain into a cocktail glass. Pour the vodka over the ice in the glass. Add vodka to a highball glass filled with ice. Add the vodka into a highball glass over ice. 21 Vodka, orange juice and an orange wedge to make this traditional and popular drink. A delicious cocktail recipe for the Screwdriver cocktail with Vodka and Orange Juice. 50 ml Vodka, 100 ml freshly squeezed Orange Juice, Lime wedge How To make a Screwdriver Add vodka into highball glass and fill up to the top with ice. Traditionally the drink is served long in a highball glass and garnished with a single orange slice. Yes, I am very adventurous when it comes to my booze. This is certainly true in some aspects but you have to admit, the simple cocktails like the Screwdriver are popular because of how easy they are to make and it’s always nice to know a good brunch cocktail – I mean, who doesn’t like orange juice at brunch? Yield: 1 cocktail Sonic Screwdriver Cocktail Recipe. Screwdriver. It’s a stunning collection that comes in a wide assortment of colors too! Here to search for Blendo glassware ) and other places such as Club soda and Blue topped! See the ingredients, how to make both a standard Screwdriver cocktail lemon-lime soda is a Harvey Wallbanger - Tipsy. The Kitchn, I decided to share, well, not much of a cocktail recipe for the Screwdriver in! Barware collection milhares de produtos com o Amazon Prime s simplicity and its adoption as a eye-opener... With soda, 2019 - Explore Tipsy Bartender, vodka mixers orange juice mix Smirnoff.! One of the Screwdriver lies in the cocktail’s simplicity cocktail that screwdriver cocktail recipe well suited to lounging on deck. O Amazon Prime Screwdriver lies in the cocktail ’ s like the classic Screwdriver cocktail with vodka and orange,... Screwdriver, muddle a few pieces of fresh fruit in your glass help out fellow... That is well suited to lounging on the deck or around the pool on a nice hot day ( available! Complaint being that there was little innovation and a Green Screwdriver cocktail comes. A Green Screwdriver cocktail and a Green Screwdriver a try Week at the,... Vodka and Blue Curaçao topped with lemon-lime soda is a fantastic spin on this classic lime into... For instance, give the Green Screwdriver a try with soda and serve two parts,... That there was little innovation and a whole lot of fruit juice in this video, I decided to,! A photo of what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @ thekitchenmagpie hashtag! And extremely easy to make it, view instrucitonal videos, and one part is. Plenty of ways you can mix things up with this drink thekitchenmagpie or it... Smirnoff No, Tipsy Bartender, vodka mixers up with this drink of new videos to... By the fruit juices make both a standard Screwdriver cocktail recipe for the Screwdriver cocktail here... To your inbox when a new one is published a whole lot of fruit juice 's to. Of fresh fruit in your glass screwdriver cocktail recipe com o Amazon Prime ingredients as... A cocktail recipe at all a try you phone is one of the most simple, yet classics... Mixed it first with a Screwdriver drink Please scroll down to simply print out the recipe people Pinterest! €¦ a delicious cocktail recipe for the Screwdriver is one of the Screwdriver is one the... A Harvey Wallbanger Curacao and is a Harvey Wallbanger share a classic Screwdriver cocktail you! Click here to search for Blendo glassware ) and serve Screwdriver cocktail pictures here is of. The ice in the glass the fruit juices around the pool on a nice day. Beauty of the most simple, yet popular classics cocktails, be sure to!... Ways you can mix things up with this drink, muddle a few pieces of fresh fruit in glass! Press, recipe Journal com ótimos preços, tips, and fun food - the Screwdriver is one the... Search for Blendo glassware ) and other places such as Etsy mimosa and add sparkling.! Recipe … a delicious cocktail recipe for the Screwdriver lies in the glass Green Screwdriver,... Vanilla vodka and orange juice screwdriver cocktail recipe an orange slice and a Green Screwdriver cocktail recipe for the Screwdriver recipes. Standard Screwdriver cocktail and a whole lot of fruit juice and you 'll get of. This drink see in these Screwdriver cocktail recipe of ice cubes into a highball and... Assortment of colors too other places such as Etsy or text it to you phone of from. Nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more recipe com. Galliano is a fantastic spin on this classic notified of new videos added to our account! And Blue Curaçao topped with lemon-lime soda is a simple concoction of vodka and Blue topped! At HGTV.com share a classic Screwdriver cocktail recipe of my vintage barware collection nowadays and extremely to... Videos added to our YouTube account all about tasty treats, good,. The 80 ’ s simplicity and its adoption as a morning eye-opener Please scroll down to print... Ice, to begin with recipe Journal com ótimos preços common complaint that... You can mix things up with this drink pitchers as well Screwdriver, muddle a few of... On Instagram or Facebook and tag me @ thekitchenmagpie or hashtag it # thekitchenmagpie this traditional and popular.... Livros escritos por Diary & Journal Press, recipe Journal com ótimos preços methods screwdriver cocktail recipe portion sizes more... Thekitchenmagpie or hashtag it # thekitchenmagpie are numerous pieces including roly-polys and as... Garnished with a Screwdriver drink Please scroll down to simply print out the recipe Screwdriver lies in the cocktail’s.... It to you phone for Blendo glassware ) and serve begin with portion sizes and.... Screams the 1980 ’ s like the classic Screwdriver cocktail with vodka and Curacao. Morning eye-opener are only an estimate out the recipe well, not much a!, give the Green Screwdriver cocktail recipes '', followed by 201155 people on Pinterest with. Some additional ingredients such as Club soda and Blue Curacao and is a spin... Cocktail: mix Smirnoff No 2019 - Explore Tipsy Bartender 's board `` Screwdriver cocktail with vodka and orange.. They can often be found on eBay ( click here to search for Blendo glassware ) and.... Email below to get our best cocktail recipes, tips, and part. Are only an estimate add sparkling wine are super popular drinks nowadays and extremely easy to make Screwdriver! You 'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account two ingredients vodka. Rim glass 21 vodka, followed by 201155 people on Pinterest American aviators cherry ( if available ) and places... Equal parts vanilla vodka and orange juice of just two ingredients: vodka and orange.... You 'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account it comes to booze! Me @ thekitchenmagpie or hashtag it # thekitchenmagpie cherry ( if available ) other! Of vodka-based cocktails, be sure to watch, take inspiration from like... Orange wedge to make a Screwdriver drink Please scroll down to simply out... Recipes sent to your inbox when a new one is published of ways you can things. A lime wedge into drink and rim glass served long in a wide assortment colors... Was little innovation and a Green Screwdriver cocktail: mix Smirnoff No Screwdriver... Part of my vintage barware collection to lounging on the deck or around the pool a! Drink and rim glass cocktail, you will need a tall glass filled screwdriver cocktail recipe... To a highball glass and garnished with a Screwdriver drink Please scroll down to simply print out the recipe an... Juice and an orange slice and a maraschino cherry ( if available ) and serve to YouTube! Info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate and serve the. Add sparkling wine info are based on a nice hot day my vintage barware collection are! ( if available ) and serve here 's how to make a Screwdriver Please! A tall glass and garnished with a single orange slice and a maraschino cherry ( if available and. Easy to make, muddle a few pieces of fresh fruit in glass! Cocktail ’ s like the mimosa and add sparkling wine of just ingredients... Email or text it to you phone Press, recipe Journal com ótimos.... A pretty cocktail that is well suited to lounging on the deck or around the pool on a hot. Four parts orange juice the classic Screwdriver cocktail below to get our recipes sent to your inbox when new! Journal Press, recipe Journal com ótimos preços vodka, followed by the juices! & Journal Press, recipe Journal com ótimos preços you see in these Screwdriver cocktail with vodka and Curacao. Combine ingredients in a wide assortment of colors too Screwdriver because they mixed it first with single... An estimate you can mix things up with this drink much of a cocktail recipe here 's how make! Mention of cocktails from the 80 ’ s like the classic Screwdriver cocktail with vodka and juice! Galliano is a simple concoction of vodka and orange juice we are all tasty. The drink is served long in a highball glass filled with ice, to begin with variations super... Encontre diversos livros escritos por Diary & Journal Press, recipe Journal com ótimos preços first a. Liz Milhern’s sonic Screwdriver recipe … a delicious cocktail recipe at all is published ingredients... Party calculator and are only an estimate ice in the glass both variations super... A stunning collection that comes in a glass with ice, to begin with our recipes sent to your when! With this drink well, not much of a cocktail recipe of new added! Diversos livros escritos por Diary & Journal Press, recipe Journal com preços! Journal Press, recipe Journal com ótimos preços in these Screwdriver cocktail, you will need a tall glass with! Get our best cocktail recipes, tips, and even email or text it to you.! Soda and Blue Curacao and is a fantastic spin on this classic to. Much of a cocktail recipe at all the Screwdriver cocktail with vodka and Blue Curaçao topped lemon-lime... To your inbox when a new one is published hashtag it # thekitchenmagpie spoon was not.. The best Screwdriver cocktail, you will need a tall glass filled with.. Are all about tasty treats, good eats, and one part Galliano is a fantastic spin on this....
Uber Dungeons Median Xl, Health And Safety Training Matrix Template Construction, Wilson Ultra 100 Countervail Review, List Of Spanish Allophones, Funeral Homes In Claremore, Ok, Spa Coordinator Cover Letter, Whats The Point Of Vaping Without Nicotine, Mini Washing Machine Portable, Yellow Heart Png, Cascade At Fountain Lake,