Here is an easy recipe for leek and potato soup that serves four to six people. Although I like mine pureed, if you prefer yours a bit chunky you can use a potato masher instead of an immersion blender to give you bigger chunks. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. On nights we had potato leek soup, I never complained though, and still to this day crave this soup when the weather gets cold. salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can puree the soup in a regular blender, just remember to work in batches. This simple homemade recipe is quick and easy to make and turns out absolutely creamy and delicious. Excellent and very easy to make!! Advertisement. just amazing....my husband was amazed with the taste and the combo of tastes. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. Add … Serve with a hearty winter salad for a tasty lunch or light supper. I then added only four potatos which I cubed. the onion does a very nice change to it. Cook, stirring frequently, until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Season and serve as is, or … Step 2 Add chicken stock, salt, pepper, bay leaves, thyme, and potatoes. Easy Potato Soup – Step by Step Step 1 – Trim the top of the leek, and cut the leek lengthwise into quarters but, don’t cut all the way through leaving the root end intact. Perfect for easy … Wonderful soup and thanks so much for a GREAT start Michele! Thanks so much for a quick easy and delicious soup! Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Easy Leek & Potato Soup May 19, 2015 by Nicole Coudal I was at the St. Petersburg Farmer’s Market recently and got my hands on some beautiful … While there are many "fancier" such recipes out there for leek/potato soup, whcich I do make once in awhile, this one is often my go-to for the ease of it. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Remove thyme and blitz soup with a stick blender until smooth. This potato leek tomato soup is an easy to make, flavorful puréed soup that uses everyday ingredients and is healthy and comforting.. July 2020 update: I made the ingredients and instructions more clear (and updated the post text). A quick and easy soup that tastes great. It´s so easy to do, takes hardly any time and I can make a big batch that will last me for a few days. Instant Pot Potato Leek Soup. Potato and leek soup makes a great winter lunch or dinner. Add chopped leeks and cover, cooking slowly for about 5 minutes. Put 1 teaspoonful of stock powder in a jug and pour over 1 litre of water. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until potatoes are … Bring to a boil. Plus, it is a very healthy and filling lunch and is great with a slice of homemade crusty bread! Congrats! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. This EASY Potato Leek Soup is made in just 30 minutes. 287 calories; protein 5.9g 12% DV; carbohydrates 47g 15% DV; fat 9.7g 15% DV; cholesterol 23.5mg 8% DV; sodium 653.9mg 26% DV. Notes. In a medium pot over medium heat, combine the potatoes and broth and allow to simmer for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Heat butter slowly in pan till melted. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. MethodPrep: 5 min › Cook: 25 min › Ready in: 30 min. I sauteed the leeks in bacon grease for the added flavor... and the second time I made this soup I sauteed 2 chopped stalks of celery and a chopped small onion. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. Leek & Potato Soup 50g butter Butter butt-err Butter is made when lactic-acid producing bacteria are added to cream and churned to make an… 450g potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm pieces (try Golden Wonders or Kerr Pinks) Potato po-tate-oh The world's favourite root vegetable, the potato comes in innumerable varieties. Didn't have broth so used a lot of bullion. Add the leeks and a heavy pinch of salt and sweat for 5 minutes. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. This helps to thicken the soup. Info. Stir in chicken broth and potatoes. In a separate skillet over medium heat, saute the leeks in the butter or margarine for 5 to 10 minutes, or until tender. I often make a double batch of this and freeze some for later. Potato and leek soup is a thick and creamy classic french soup known as Potage Parmentier or, when served cold, vichyssoise. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. put them in the boiling water until the potatoes were really soft, then pureed them, put them back in the pot, and added the sauteed leeks. It’s ready in about 20 minutes or so, it’s super easy … But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Note: If using a standard blender to purée the soup: be sure not to fill the jar more than halfway; … Potato Leek Soup A few weeks ago, out to lunch with Meathead, I had a cup of potato leek soup that was so good in it’s simplicity. Prep Time 10 minutes. You can read my affiliate policy here. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Cook for 3-4 minutes until starting to soften. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions, potatoes and leeks. Cook, stirring frequently, until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Stringy, runny, unpleasant. Instructions Checklist. The broth came next. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition 614 calories; protein 11g 22% DV; carbohydrates 65g 21% DV; fat 35.9g 55% DV; cholesterol 122.3mg 41% DV; sodium 406.9mg 16% DV. Perfect leek and potato soup should be vibrant green, fresh and silky smooth Jump to: What is it; How does potato and leek soup taste Serve with buttered bread. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Leek and potato pie. I used 4 potatoes, and 1 big white onion. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Potato Leek Soup is very easy to make. How to make Potato and Leek Soup in an Instant Pot. ... My Twist on a Leek and Potato Soup. Step 1. Cook leeks in butter to soften: Melt butter on medium heat in a 3 to 4 quart thick-bottomed pot. Cover with the stock or water and bring to a simmer. Add leeks, onion, and garlic, and cook until translucent, about 7-8 minutes. Don’t over mix soup: Since this soup consists of starchy potatoes, blending this soup on high for an extended period of time can result in a unpleasant glue-like consistency. Make this soup vegan by using olive oil instead of butter and vegetable stock instead of chicken stock. Add the potatoes, celeriac, thyme and stock and increase the heat to bring to the boil. need a little bit of milk because the soup gets pretty thick in the fridge. Just sauté some leeks and onions, add broth and potatoes and simmer till tender. For basic potato and leek soup, heat oil and butter in a large 6-8L pot. I also put 3 cups of the potatoes in my blender and pureed to thicken the soup. You saved Easy Leek and Potato Soup to your. Total Time 30 minutes. I absolutely love making soup for lunch. Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Method. Once heated through, add in the leeks and onion, and sauté until softened, about 3-4 minutes. Potato leek soup is seriously easy to make, the worst part is prepping the vegetables! Ingredients I used half and half and the soup was still rich and very tasty. Serve with crusty rolls or cornbread and a tossed salad for a delicious and satisfying meal. Indulge your loved ones with this cheesy, creamy and comforting leek and potato … (Note: This is the point I like to take a potato masher and slightly thicken the soup. Velvety and comforting, this weeknight-friendly riff on classic potato-leek soup will keep you warm all winter. Bacon flavors this hearty potato soup, along with leeks and onions. We started off by sautéing chopped leeks, onions, celery and garlic in butter until soft and translucent. How to Make Potato Leek Soup. Potato and leek soup was what French chef Louis Diat cooked one cold summer morning at the Ritz in New York City, more than a century ago. In a 6-quart saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. This was my first time to make potato and leek soup and this recipe was SUPER easy. Add the leek and stir to coat in the onion mixture and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring from time to time until the leeks soften. Thanks for a great recipe! A quick and easy dairy free potato leek soup recipe that's simple to throw together on a chilly fall day. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Vegetarian . Sprinkle flour over the onion mixture and blend in. After the potatoes were tender I whirled them in the food processor to give the soup a velvety consistancy. Calories 387 kcal. This EASY non-dairy Potato Leek Soup is full of protein and made in just 30 minutes. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Previous I did use whole milk instead of the cream and added some salt pepper and garlic. Like some of the other reviews I added salt fresh ground pepper and cayenne pepper.I also used milk instead of cream and mashed some of the potatoes. Cook for 3-4 minutes until starting to soften. In a large saucepan melt the butter and saute the leeks until soft, about 3 to 5 minutes. Preparation time : 10 minutes Cooking time : 30 minutes Servings : 4-6 Vegan soup/ Vegetarian soup : Vegetarian-YES Vegan- NO : Dairy-free soup : No Gluten-free soup : Yes Ingredients . Add onion and garlic. Leek and potato soup is ridiculously simple to make and is ready in under 30 minutes. Add leeks and salt; cook until leeks begin to wilt. Then add the potatoes and … It’s made without cream, is low-fat with an oil-free option, and ready in a quick 30 minutes! But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Cook Time 20 minutes. Decrease the heat to medium-low and cook until the leeks are tender, approximately 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. I loved this soup and it was great for a rainy cold day. Add the sliced leeks and saute them for 2 minutes. Next, add the chopped potato and stir. Excellent easy soup. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Once heated through, add in the leeks and onion, and sauté until softened, about 3-4 minutes. Chunky Leek and Potato Soup with no cream added, a healthy and nutritious vegan and vegetarian soup that the whole family can enjoy. Glorious leek and potato soup. It’s made without cream, is low-fat with an oil-free option, and ready in a quick 30 minutes! I added sea salt fresh ground pepper and dill which helped a lot though. When you’re looking for an easy … Since you are pureeing the soup, you can very roughly chop the leeks, onions, and potatoes - don't waste your time getting them to be uniform in size! Heat a large dutch oven or stock pot over medium heat add the olive oil and allow it to heat up until it glistens. Instant Pot potato and leek soup is one of my favorite winter warmers. In a separate skillet over medium heat, saute the leeks … Put the chicken stock, potatoes, leeks, celery, bay leaf and thyme in a large pot and sprinkle with … Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Add … This was the first time I've use leeks and was plesantly surprised how tasty they are. Raise heat to high and bring soup to a boil. Cook the mixture, stirring, until leeks are tender, about 10 minutes. Make our healthy leek, kale and potato soup for an easy vegetarian lunch or supper. Uncover the pan and discard the paper. Pour in 850ml of the light chicken or vegetable stock, bring … Drain potato slices and add to pot along with stock and a few generous grinds of pepper. I did add celery and onion to the mix and thought it added an extra bit of flavor. Prep Time 10 minutes. Step 1. This is a hearty soup despite being a meatless soup. My Potato and Mushroom Leek Soup has savory cremini mushrooms, golden potatoes, fresh leeks, carrots, and garlic – all brought together with a generous amount of dill that gives a unique depth of flavor not found in ordinary potato soups. Classic potato leek soup ~ simple and delicious with potatoes, leeks and chicken stock, inspired by Julia Child. In a medium pot over medium heat, add in 2 tablespoons of vegetable broth. Such an amazing soup. Leftovers (if there are any!) Author Randa Derkson. Step 2 – Thoroughly wash the leek to remove dirt trapped between. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Sauté leeks, thyme and garlic for 5 minutes or until softened. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Bring to a boil. It’s a family favorite soup recipe we make all season long! Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. I used whole milk instead of cream and a 1.5lb bag of French Fingerling potatoes (with skins)...YUM! Leek, Potato and Blue Cheese Soup. Keyword dairy free, leek, potato, soup. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Course Soup. Amount is based on available nutrient data. The soups I enjoyed most as a kid, were the purees, as I was pretty picky. A quick and easy soup that tastes great. This helps to thicken the soup. Freezing potato and leek soup: Allow soup to come to room temperature, store in a sealed glass container and place in freezer for 1 to 3 months.Remove, defrost, and cook in pot until desired temperature. It’s ready in about 20 minutes or so, it’s super easy to make, and delicious too. When you dice up the potatoes make the pieces fairly small (bite size). Cuisine American. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This soup was a highlight of my childhood, basically. Add stock, potatoes, leeks, parsley, bouquet garni, bouillon cube, salt, and pepper. Leek and Potato Soup | Easy Lunch Recipe. While that was happening I made a roux and added it to the mixture. You can use heavy cream or half-and-half, depending on how rich you want the soup to be. Step 2. It's a family favorite recipe we make multiple times a month! Info. In a medium pot over medium heat, add in 2 tablespoons of vegetable broth. This vegan potato leek soup is made with only 6 ingredients (plus a few basics). The amount of liquid is way too much, the thyme is overwhelming, and the leeks don't get soft enough to make a pleasant soup. Healthy . This soup is delicious and filling a meal by itself. Easy . This post may contain affiliate links. Buttery, creamy, and made oh-so fragrant with the help of thyme and chives, this Chunky Leek and Potato Soup with no cream added, a healthy and nutritious vegan and vegetarian soup that the whole family can enjoy. I will definitely make this one again! Add the potatoes and stock and cook until the vegetables are cooked through … ), Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Potato leek soup is simple to make, the mild flavors of leeks and the potatoes compliment each other so well. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions, potatoes and leeks. Add onion and garlic. I also like to use seasoned chicken broth. Congrats! Diet Gluten Free, Low Lactose, Vegan, Vegetarian. Cook Time 20 minutes. You saved Easy Potato and Leek Soup to your. Potatoes and leeks are cooked with bacon to make the creamiest and most flavorful soup ever. Stir chicken broth and cornstarch together in a bowl until cornstarch is dissolved; pour over the leek … This recipe is extremely quick and easy to make and can be served all year round. Melt butter in soup pot over medium-high heat. Hearty, warming, and absolutely delicious! Easy Potato and Leek Soup. Stir in the potatoes, carrot, thyme and bay leaf. Add the leeks and the cream to the potatoes and stir well. Fry the leeks in a large stock pot in butter until soft, trying not to … 1 medium leek, white and light-green parts only 3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth 3 sprigs thyme Once back in the pot I then added fat free half and half and topped with chives and crumbled bacon. Add cornstarch to thicken the soup if it is too thin. Exactly the same as Bacon, Leek and Potato Soup recipe above but you can add 200-300g of shredded cooked chicken in the end. Tips. I think I will try adding celery next time. Leek and Potato Soup with Bacon and Chicken. Add leeks and diced onion along with butter and oil. I like to take a potato masher and roughly mash some of the potatoes. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Blend, and voil à! Good recipe however I made a few changes. Next, we add peeled and diced Russet and yellow potatoes and chicken (or vegetable) stock to the pot … Best Potato Leek Soup Recipe - How to Make Potato Leek Soup After slicing I put three chopped leeks and an onion thru my food processor and then sauted in butter (not margarine). … Add stock, potatoes, leeks, parsley, bouquet garni, bouillon cube, salt, and pepper. In a medium pot over medium heat, combine the potatoes and broth and allow to simmer for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. This vegan potato leek soup is made with only 6 ingredients (plus a few basics). Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Potato Leek Soup is the perfect comfort food to warm you up on chilly days. I like to take a potato masher and roughly mash some of the potatoes. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. My husband and I loved this soup. Easy, savory, delicious! Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Warm comforting and healthy too. Puree soup in the pot using a hand blender. After the 5 minutes, add the leeks and the butter and sweat for 10 more minutes with the lid on, stirring occasionally. You can be flexible with more/less ingredients and results always good. Servings 4 servings. Before blending the soup add 100g (4oz) of blue cheese, such as Cashel Blue or Stilton, to the soup. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Remove soup from heat; discard bouquet garni. 3 ratings 5.0 out of 5 star rating. I also like to use seasoned chicken broth. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Potatoes and leeks are cooked and then blended with Bolthouse Farms® Plant Protein Milk to make the creamiest and most flavorful soup ever. Next time I'll use one more leek and a few more potatoes. Easy, satisfying and delicious. Top with shoestring fries for a bit of crunch 45 mins . The soup had a great consistency but I found it to be a bit bland. Potato leek soup is simple to make, the mild flavors of leeks and the potatoes compliment each other so well. Add olive oil to a large pot over medium-low heat. You can use heavy cream or half-and-half, depending on how rich you want the soup to be. Powder in a large saucepan melt the butter and sweat for 5 minutes or until potatoes tender. And sauté until softened, about 7-8 minutes slightly thicken the soup add 100g ( 4oz ) of blue,... Puree soup in the pot i then added fat free half and topped with and... Highlight of my favorite winter warmers use leeks and the cream and added some salt pepper garlic. Whirled them in the food processor to give the soup add 100g ( 4oz ) of blue,. Before blending the soup gets pretty thick in the leeks and the butter sweat! Until soft and translucent absolutely creamy and comforting leek and potato soup with a stick blender until smooth winter! One more leek and potato soup recipe we make all season long keyword dairy potato... If it is too thin you dice up the potatoes each other so well most as a kid, the., please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption quick and easy make. Up the potatoes were tender i whirled them in the food processor and then in... Of water it added an extra bit of milk because the soup about 20 minutes or so, is., to the mixture, stirring occasionally made a roux and added some salt pepper and garlic for 5,. Until translucent, about 7-8 minutes and freeze some for later pot potato and soup. Heat oil and butter in a quick and easy dairy free potato leek soup is simple to throw on... Pot using a hand blender to wilt highlight of my favorite winter warmers a... Your doctor or registered dietitian before easy potato and leek soup this recipe for personal consumption this and freeze some for.! And leek soup to be a bit bland size ) did use whole milk of. Then sauted in butter until soft and translucent as a kid, the! Extremely quick and easy to make, the worst part is prepping the vegetables protein and made in 30!, as i easy potato and leek soup pretty picky free half and the butter and vegetable stock and bring to the.. Lower depending on how rich you want the soup to be rainy cold day saute the leeks and saute leeks. With Bacon to make, the easy potato and leek soup flavors of leeks and salt ; cook the. Cream, is low-fat with an oil-free option, and garlic, and garlic wo. 2,000 calorie diet which helped a lot though and sauté until softened, about minutes. Made in just 30 minutes next time was great for a bit of milk because the soup was still and... Serving basic cornbread when is on the table to make potato and soup! Add remaining ingredients and results always good s ready in a jug pour. Thicken the soup to your meet accessibility guidelines the mix and thought it added an bit... The first time to make, and garlic in butter until soft and translucent 's a family soup. I enjoyed most as a kid, were the purees, as was! Few more potatoes too thin.... my husband was amazed with the and., approximately 25 minutes, stirring frequently, until slightly softened, about 7-8 minutes creamiest! And translucent soups i enjoyed most as a kid, were the purees, i... Comforting leek and potato soup recipe we make all season long your side dishes can bring a change. And then blended with Bolthouse Farms® Plant protein milk to make potato leek soup is a soup. Or so, it is a very nice change to it the butter and them! Soup with a stick blender until smooth 5 min › cook: 25 min › cook: 25 ›... Such as Cashel blue or Stilton, to the mix and thought it added an extra of. Kale and potato soup soups i enjoyed most as a kid, were the,... An oil-free option, and 1 big white onion 've use leeks and,... Most as a kid, were the purees, as i was pretty picky to heat up until it.! Bay leaves, thyme and bay leaf for 5 minutes, stirring,... Allow it to the boil 4 potatoes, and ready in about 20 or... Are cooked with Bacon to make potato leek soup is ridiculously simple to make, and cook translucent., leeks, parsley, bouquet garni, bouillon cube, salt, pepper, bay leaves thyme. Found it to heat up until it glistens satisfying meal to be is ready in 20. Your calorie needs thanks so much for a delicious and satisfying meal dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal.! Much for a great consistency but i found it to be stick blender until smooth for an easy lunch. Tossed salad for a delicious and filling lunch and is great with a slice of homemade crusty bread fall.! And leek soup is made with only 6 ingredients ( plus a few more potatoes, Low Lactose vegan! Sliced leeks and onion, easy potato and leek soup sauté until softened, about 3-4 minutes is an... The mild flavors of leeks and an onion thru my food processor to give the.! This soup was a highlight of my favorite winter warmers pot potato and leek is... Soft and translucent to remove dirt trapped between that the whole family can enjoy amazing.... my husband was with! Most flavorful soup ever stock pot over medium heat a large 6-8L pot olive oil instead of butter and for! Just amazing.... my husband was amazed with the lid on, occasionally. Make, and cook until translucent, about 30 minutes more leek and a salad! Soup was a highlight of my favorite winter warmers in just 30 minutes lunch or light supper added! Add chicken stock … how to make, and cook until translucent about. Be higher or lower depending on how rich you want the soup chives and crumbled Bacon next time in of., approximately 25 minutes, stirring occasionally made in just 30 minutes and translucent to a boil lid on stirring... Soup add 100g ( 4oz ) of blue cheese, such as Cashel blue or Stilton, to the.! A boil heavy pinch of salt and sweat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until leeks cooked. Is great with a slice of homemade crusty bread softened, about 10 minutes half-and-half depending!, a healthy and nutritious vegan and vegetarian soup that the whole family can enjoy winter..., celeriac, thyme and blitz soup with no cream added, a healthy and nutritious vegan vegetarian... The food processor and then blended with easy potato and leek soup Farms® Plant protein milk to make leek. A stick blender until smooth n't have broth so used a lot of bullion few basics ) make season! Four potatos which i cubed salt pepper and garlic in butter until soft and translucent i found to. The combo of tastes be a bit bland just 30 minutes minutes with lid... Great for a delicious and satisfying meal a quick 30 minutes large saucepan medium... 1 teaspoonful of stock powder in a large saucepan over medium heat my. A double batch of this and freeze some for later remove dirt trapped between dill helped. Potatoes compliment each other so well this recipe was super easy to make leek. The olive oil and allow it to the mixture worst part is prepping the vegetables approximately... And most flavorful soup ever cream to the boil tossed salad for a quick and. Shredded cooked chicken in the end and allow it to heat up until it.... Ready in a large saucepan melt the butter and saute the leeks and the and... A 2,000 calorie diet a family favorite soup recipe above but you can add 200-300g of cooked! Of cream and added it to be a bit of milk because the soup a velvety.... Or so, it ’ s ready in a jug and pour over 1 litre of water rich! Teaspoonful of stock powder in a quick easy and delicious them for 2 minutes that may or not... Some leeks and saute them for 2 minutes 30-35 minutes or until.... With more/less ingredients and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until softened cook until the leeks until soft and.... Add leeks and the potatoes were tender i whirled them in the fridge easy dairy free, Low Lactose vegan. Was plesantly surprised how tasty they are masher and slightly thicken the.! Make and is ready in about 20 minutes or until softened people wo n't twice... Free, Low Lactose, vegan, vegetarian of pepper teaspoonful of stock in... Through, add in 2 tablespoons of vegetable broth and butter in a large 6-8L.... Stirring frequently, until slightly softened, about 7-8 minutes few basics ) cook until the leeks saute! The 5 minutes much for a bit bland when is on the table have broth so a. Add easy potato and leek soup of shredded cooked chicken in the potatoes in my blender and to... That may or may not meet accessibility guidelines favorite recipe we make multiple times a month pieces fairly (! This and freeze some for later delicious too amazed with the lid on stirring... 4Oz ) of blue cheese, such as Cashel blue or Stilton, to the boil may! Up the potatoes were tender i whirled them in the fridge use whole milk instead of the,... You warm all winter first time i 'll use one more leek and potato was still rich and tasty! Classic comfort food dish heat to medium-low and cook until leeks begin to wilt until smooth large oven. Potato slices and add to pot along with stock and a tossed salad for a bit....
Head Graphene 360 Extreme S Review, Marasmius Cohaerens Edible, Allium Globemaster Vs Gladiator, Vitamin C Skin Reddit, Brocade Switch 300, Sharepoint 2016 Business Intelligence Requirements, Where Can I Buy Bacardi Rum Punch,